Department: General Department
The job of a Quality Control officer is a highly focused position to ensure that the products manufactured in the organization fits the purpose and meets the customer expectations and legal compliance. The quality control officers develop and coordinate special activities and programs necessary to meet and maintain quality standards and reliability of manufactured products. He documents the product’s test results and provide suggestions required to attain the best quality product possible. He may specialize in areas such as inventory control, product design, research and development or purchase.
According to FARMAFOOD functional program, the Quality Management Unit coordinates and controls the quality of work between departments in an organized and efficient manner in accordance with the highest standards and specifications and according to schedule.
The duties of the quality officer are as follows: Review of the procedures and the extent of the application of the procedures for the safety of processed food, production control and quality control, ensuring the application of all international standards in the production stages, production distribution and verification of shipping schedules and accuracy of information. He / she also writes and compiles progress reports, inventory levels, cost reduction and production problems. These professionals may collect customer requests and prepare detailed production reports to serve as guides in the manufacture or assembly of the product.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Evaluating the company’s product specifications and examining them with customer requirements.
- Evaluating the company’s machine specifications and examining them with factories requirements.
- Setting quality assurance compliance objectives to achieve the targets.
- Promoting performance improvement and quality assurance programs throughout the organization.
- Ensuring product compliance with international and national legislation and standards.
- Defining quality measures in conjunction with working staff.
- Understanding, evaluating, and executing the tests and procedures properly and investigating the product modifications.
- Directing workers engaged in testing and measuring product, tabulating the data relating product quality, materials
- Maintaining and setting up documentation and control procedures.
- Supervising technical team in carrying out checks and tests.
- Monitoring performance by collecting relevant information and preparing statistical reports.
- Determining relevant quality associated training requirements and delivering training.
- Contemplating the application of health and safety, and environmental standards.
- Collating and analyzing performance charts and data against defined parameters.
- Writing management and technical systems reports.
- Review and verify machine specifications and power production capacity required and then report to management.
- Collating the staff of various disciplines and driving them to plan, develop and agree broad quality procedures.
Job skills & Specifications:
- Ability to motivate and influence people.
- Organizing, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Ability to travel alone or as a part of a team.
- Good statistical and numerical ability.
- A 5-year college degree in related engineering course, preferably Industrial or Management Engineering is preferred
- A master’s degree in Management of Business Administration is an advantage
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with processing and
manufacturing as a subject from an accredited institution.
- Degree in business, management, food
science or technology.